Electrotechnology impacts on almost every aspect our lives. Electrotechnolgy is responsible for the installation, service, repair and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment for industrial, commercial and residential purposes.
Primarily, the electrotechnology industry includes the key trades of electrical, air-conditioning and refrigeration. It also comprises communications, distribution and transmission; electrical generation, computer data and communications cabling systems; as well as sustainable and renewable energy technologies.
The industry's telecommunications and information technology areas become increasingly important as the knowledge economy alters the way businesses operate. Likewise, sustainable and renewable energy technologies continue to thrive.
Typical electrotechnology industry occupations include:
- Appliance servicers
- Business equipment technicians
- Computer and IT systems technicians
- Data communication technicians
- Electronics technicians
- Instrumentation technicians
- Process controllers
- Lift mechanics
- Electric motor overhaulers and assemblers
- Process assembly workers
- Communications technicians
- Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- Renewable and sustainable energy technicians
- Security and fire alarm technicians