Drilling Supervisors supervise all execution aspects of drilling and well operations.
Personal requirements of a Drilling Supervisor may include:
- Good communications skills
- Good maths and science
- Attention to detail
- Project and team management experience
Drilling Supervisors may complete the following tasks:
- Supervise all execution aspects of drilling and well operations according to the approved work programmes in a safe, environmentally responsible and cost effective manner
- Ensure company policies and instructions are clearly given and to make sure that they are properly understood and implemented
- Ensure his/her teams plan and execute the well construction projects in accordance with the policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in time and within budget
- Oversee the execution of the approved drilling and well testing programmes
- Implement drilling, workover and completion operations activities on a drilling rig
- Monitor progress of the operations and the timely achievement of the objectives set
- Ensure cost optimization and safety of the personnel and property on the rig, as well as for controlling the environmental impact of the operations and providing reports and maintaining documentation
Entry requirements may vary but most employers require Year 10 and some may prefer Year 12. A relevant number of years CSG/LNG drilling experience is also required.