Gas Operations Supervisor
Gas Operations Supervisors interface with exploration and production teams, both in the office and on site at gas drilling rigs / oil and gas wellsites.
Personal requirements of a Gas Operations Supervisor may include:
- Excellent communications skills
- Good maths and science
- Attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Possess leadership qualities
Gas Operations Supervisors may complete the following tasks:
- Lead implementation and execution of all drilling operations conducting operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations
- Establish clear safety and environmental performance expectations with external and internal personnel
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices are captured and implemented across all drilling rigs
- Recognise and focus on opportunities that create the best value
- Conduct drilling operations in an efficient manner
- Recognize and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors, regulatory personnel, & landowners
- Establish clear expectations for performance and development of personnel ( Field Superintendents / Drilling Supervisors / Wellsite Leaders).
- Give timely, specific, and meaningful feedback.
- Recognise traits required to achieve long range goals and objectives and make personnel decisions accordingly
- Interface regularly with Completions and Operations personnel to ensure effective planning of all activities
- Interface with Land / Regulatory, Operations, and Subsurface as part of the rig schedule process
A relevant number of years drilling rig experience is required to fulfil this job role.