Maintenance Superintendents take overall responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of all fixed plant assets. They also oversee and ensure the quality output of a small fixed plant maintenance team.
Personal requirements of a Maintenance Superintendent may include:
- Proficient user of Pronto or other such as CMMS
- Good administration and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
Maintenance Superintendents may complete the following tasks:
- Report to the Open Pit Mine Manager
- Manage the maintenance department for fixed and mobile plant within the open pit mining operations
- Maintain the equipment register & preventative maintenance tasks
- Planning, scheduling and budgeting
- Inspections and audits of company employee and contractors
- Maintain a high standard of safety
To become a Maintenance Superintendent you will need to possess previous experience in a similar position.