Environmental Advisors are part of a team of compliance consultants ensuring that the client maintains an appropriate measure of compliance with environmental regulations.
Personal requirements of Shutdown Staff may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong investigation and compliant skills
- High level report writing capabilities
Environmental Advisors may complete the following tasks:
- Conducting relevant fieldwork such as water and air quality testing.
- Preparing and reviewing the relevant follow up reporting paperwork to the required state and federal authorities.
- Manage the activities and quality control of the deliverables of external consultants undertaking environmental investigations, preparing impact assessments and developing environmental submissions for the projects.
- Identify important environmental issues that could potentially pose a risk to obtaining project approvals and finding ways to overcome these.
- Liaising and consulting with external stakeholders, regulators and the community, as required during the process of obtaining approvals.
- Management of field technicians, review and sign off of their submissions.
- Any other task pertinent to achieve project deadlines
A Higher Education qualification in Environment (Environmental Engineering/Science Degree, Diploma of Natural Resource Management) is required for this role.