Laboratory Technicians ensure that, in the quality control system, all statutory and NATA registration requirements are met through diligent and strict adherence to those requirements.
Personal requirements of Laboratory Technician may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent maths and science
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong Analytical skills
Laboratory Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Clean, maintain and set up equipment for use in experiments.
- Collect, classify and preserve specimens and samples.
- Water and observe plants.
- Perform diagnostic and other scientific tests on specimens.
- Carry out experimental procedures, testing seeds, plants and analysing soil.
- Perform routine mathematical calculations and prepare graphs.
- Use computers and computer-interfaced equipment.
A Higher Education qualification in Chemistry is required for this career.