The logistics supervisor oversees these various operations and the people who carry them out. They coordinate the logistical tasks: choosing the correct workers and subcontractors, setting budgets and auditing inventory. Various logistical operations to consider include inventory management, order fulfilment and distribution.
Personal requirements of a Logistics Supervisor may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Willingness to travel to various locations
Logistics Supervisors may complete the following tasks:
- Pre-planning for the drilling campaign
- Coordination with the operations team for all logistical movements of materials and equipment
- Regular reporting to the superintendent
This job usually requires the completion of a traineeship or apprenticeship and/or relevant number of years on-the-job experience. Entry requirements may vary but most employers require Year 10 and some may prefer Year 12.