Power Systems Senior Technical Officer
Power Systems Senior Technical Officers provide services and support for the control systems across a power station.
Personal requirements of a Power Systems Senior Technical Officer may include:
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good maths and science
- Excellent computer skills
Power Systems Senior Technical Officers may complete the following tasks:
- Develop, evaluate and carry out plant instrumentation and control modifications
- Monitor and develop alarm systems and reporting
- Carry out plant and incident investigations
- Provide technical advice and support to the group and other departments regarding control systems maintenance, asset planning, and operation
- Install, test, repair, and maintain base, mobile and portable two-way radios and
- Install repairs and maintains microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analogue and digital, and point to point communications systems
- Modify existing equipment to meet present needs
- Assist in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment
- Prepare and/or review of all testing and commissioning documentation including but not limited to: Plan and Procedures for FAT, SAT, Integration and commissioning.
- Undertake all testing (factory and site) on a broad range of Communication
equipment and systems including PDH,SDH,IP transmission networks, Copper, Fibre and wireless solutions and auxiliary subsystems such as NMS, PLC, DC power Systems, Solar power, ext.
This job requires a relevant electrical trade plus on-the-job experience.