Power Systems Technician
Power Systems Technicians (Electrical Linesworker) work as post trade line workers performing work associated with the installation and maintenance of transmission, distribution, rail and/or cable jointing overhead and/or underground lines and cables (which may be live). There are four specific options: Live Line Transmission, Live Line Distribution, Live Line Rail Traction and or installation and maintenance of Specialised Underground Cables.
Personal requirements of a Power Systems Technician may include:
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Good maths and science
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
Power Systems Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Implement and monitor the organisational OHS polices, procedures and programs
- Implement and monitor environmental and sustainable energy management polices and procedures
- Contribute to coordinated HV live line work
- Promote team effectiveness
- Maintain energised high voltage distribution overhead electrical apparatus (glove)
- Maintain energised high voltage distribution overhead electrical apparatus (stick)
This job requires an electrical traineeship or apprenticeship (with a qualification such as Certificate IV in ESI Power Systems).