Control Centre Operations Coordinator
Control Centre Operations Coordinators use sophisticated computerized equipment to monitor the operations and status of pipelines.
Personal requirements of a Control Centre Operations Coordinator may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent understanding of how the oil and gas industry works
Control Centre Operations Coordinators may complete the following tasks:
- Monitoring and tracking the product as it moves through the pipelines
- Controlling product batches when they enter and exit the pipeline system
- Diverting or shutting off the flow of products in case of an emergency or maintenance shutdown
- Supervising emergency situations and dispatching crews when required
This occupation requires a two-year technical diploma in a related discipline such as engineering technology,instrumentation, electrical /mechanical or petroleum technology plus relevant experience and/or on-the-job training.