Electrician (Hazard Areas)
Hazardous Area Electricians install and maintain electrical equipment in hazardous areas within the Natural Gas Transmission & Distribution sector.
Personal requirements of a Hazardous Areas Electrician may include:
- Good maths and science (including physics)
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Excellent communications skills
Hazardous Area Electricians may complete the following tasks:
- Conduct hazardous area classification
- Utilise explosion-protection techniques
- Conduct detailed inspections of Hazardous Areas Installation
- Maintain equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Install Explosion-Protected Equipment and Wiring Systems
- Conduct Testing of Hazardous Area Installations
This job requires the completion of a traineeship or apprenticeship in Electrotechnology. Further part-time study usually at Certificate level is also required (Certificate in Installation And Maintenance Of Electrical Equipment In Hazardous Areas).