Fabrication technicians are involved in manufacturing technological features on micro scale. In addition they set up, operate, and maintain equipment as well as monitor operations and provide technical support for electronic design techniques and/or fabrication process.
Personal requirements of a fabrication technician may include:
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Good knowledge of physics
- Understanding of micro-technology
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
Fabrication technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Preparing, operating, and maintaining equipment
- Ordering equipment and parts
- Monitoring production processes
- Documenting production activities
This occupation usually requires an apprenticeship as a Mechanical Engineering Technician (Certificate III in Engineering-Technical)
For further information see Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson/Technician.