Assistant Unit Controller
Assistant Unit Controllers assist with the operation and monitoring of reciprocating generating plant, gas turbine generating plant and station auxiliaries remote from the control room.
Personal requirements of an Assistant Unit Controller may include:
- Ability to follow procedures and commitment to safe work practices
- Good at mechanical and/or electrical activities
- Logical and thorough approach to work
- Problem solving skills
- Good maths
- Excellent communicator with a strong grasp of both written and spoken English
- A willingness to relocate to remote areas
This job usually requires the completion of a traineeship or apprenticeship in ESI - for example a Diploma in ESI Generation. Entry requirements may vary but most employers require Year 10 and some may prefer Year 12. However usually Certificate III level, and on-the-job training offered as an apprenticeship, is required.