Process Engineers develop concepts for power plants including planning and building facilities for waste recycling and disposal, and services relating to air pollution control systems.
Personal requirements of a Process Engineer may include:
- Good degree of self-motivation and direction
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of team and prioritise work load
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Flexibility to actively support temporary changes in working patterns through shift changes
Process Engineers may complete the following tasks:
- Hands on role within the plant, provide technical support to production teams and get involved in improvement projects
- Active supervision and leadership of the operators
- Play a key role in design and commissioning of plant upgrade and de-bottlenecking projects
- Complex chemical processing environment
This job requires the completion of a tertiary degree.