HVAC Professionals repair, replace and install energy efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning and service all makes and models of equipment in both residential and commercial settings.
Personal requirements of a HVAC Professional may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Technically minded
- Time management skills
- Ability to work isolated and occasionally to work cohesively within a team
HVAC Professionals may complete the following tasks:
- Perform field based residential & commercial maintenance and service calls, using computer based technology and equipment for trouble shooting and evaluation at customer locations
- Operate various hand tools, meters & testing equipment for performing duties related to electrical, refrigerant & hydronics work
- Conduct testing, perform ductwork modifications and various repairs
- Apply designated chemicals & cleaning agents in a safe manner
- Perform brazing, soldering, evacuation & charging of various refrigerants
This position requires a trade qualification in Electrotechnology as well as on-the-job training.