Smart Meter Installer
Smart Meter Installers install, maintain and repair energy efficient electric meters to commercial and non-commercial properties.
Personal requirements of a Smart Meter Installer may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Technically minded
- Time management skills
- Ability to work isolated and occasionally to work cohesively within a team
Smart Meter Installers may complete the following tasks:
- Customer service
- Install, maintain and repair meters
- Write reports
- Carry out full commission test on meter installations, rectification of faulty metering, communication equipment and report any loss of energy to the appropriate department
- Auditing of meter installations and programming of metering equipment via manufacturers software
This position requires a trade qualification in Electrotechnology as well as on-the-job training.