Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineer
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers may design, validate and evaluate refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems, manage risk, estimate and manage projects and provide technical advice/sales.
Personal requirements of a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineer may include:
- Effective communication skills
- Good maths and science (including physics)
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers may complete the following tasks:
- Implement and monitor OHS policies and procedures
- Participate in development and follow a personal competency development plan
- Verify compliance and functionality of refrigeration and air conditioning installations
- Determine thermodynamic parameters of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Manage refrigeration and air conditioning projects
- Develop specifications for heat exchanger designs
- Evaluate fluid and thermodynamic parameters of refrigeration systems
- Analyse noise, vibration and thermodynamic parameters of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
This job usually requires the completion of a traineeship or apprenticeship in Electrotechnology.
Career paths for Electrotechnology graduates include electrical, electronic, instrumentation, refrigeration, telecommunications, renewable energy, engineering mechanical and engineering electrical trades.