Computer Assemblers assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment, telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
Personal requirements of a Computer Assembler may include:
- Excellent computer skills
- Good manual dexterity
Computer Assemblers may complete the following tasks:
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified
This position is usually acquired though a traineeship.