Computer Systems Technician
Computer Systems Technicians assemble, install, maintain and repair computer hardware, software and related equipment.
Personal requirements of a Computer Systems Technician may include:
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Computer Systems Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Computer hardware and software installation, maintenance and support
- Staff workstation configuration, maintenance and support
- Networked CDROM databases maintenance and support
- Computer Equipment Inventory documentation and maintenance
- Hardware warranty management and vendor liaison
- Server operations, maintenance and support
- Helpdesk and training duties
- Special duties for network and specific software support (IT-related special projects and development work
This career requires a university degree or diploma in IT/Computer Systems Technician.