Rail Electricians handle all electrical and electronic equipment and make sure freight is moved.
Personal requirements of a Rail Electrician may include:
- Problem solving skills
- Good eyesight/colour vision and good hearing
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Good computer skills
Rail Electricians may complete the following tasks:
- Inspect and troubleshoot all electric and electronic equipment
- Clean and lubricate all electrical and electronic equipment
- Make evaluations, decisions and repairs with limited supervision
This job usually requires a qualification in Electrotechnology plus a relevant number of years on the job experience to be considered for the position.