Electrical Trade Assistant
An Electrical Trade Assistant assists an electrical tradesman to install equipment like conduit, cable and cable tray, etc. However they cannot do any 'electrical work' such as terminate or install wiring equipment, etc.
Personal requirements of an Electrical Trade Assistant may include:
- Ability to problem solve
- Good communications skills
- Good maths and science
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
Electrical Trade Assistant may complete the following tasks:
- Perform functional checks
- Perform preventative maintenance functions
- Repair faults and damaged devices as required
- Drive Heavy Rigid (HR) Vehicles
- Can be working on switchboards
- Using hand and power tools (power drills, battery drills etc.)
This job requires an electrical traineeship or apprenticeship.