Communications Technicians are responsible for the construction, installation, and commissioning of telecommunication projects.
Personal requirements of a Communications Technician may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Time management skills
Communications Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Coax Testing 400 MHz link
- Testing transmitters
- Cable Ethernet / networking testing
- Antennae alignment skills
- Fibre Testing
- Satellite Testing gear that has been installed on site
This position requires the completion of a trade qualification in Electrotechnology plus a relevant number of years on-the-job experience.