Electronics Technician – Communications
Electronics Technicians – Communications are responsible for the scheduled maintenance, trouble-shooting, fault diagnosis and rectification of Telecommunication and Electronic systems.
Personal requirements of an Electronics Technician – Communications may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Manual dexterity
Electronics Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Carry out electrical AC & DC measurements & alignments using test equipment
- Configuration changes and administration of networks
- Deployment and setup of equipment to support operations
- Removal of faulty items
- Document work carried out
- Identification and demanding of technical spares
This position requires the completion of a trade qualification in Data and Voice Communications plus on-the-job experience.