Audiovisual Systems Integrator Field Service Technician
Audiovisual Systems Integrator Field Service Technicians install a limited range of digital reception equipment for either a customer or an enterprise. It includes integration of diverse technologies including RF services, and telephony services in complex equipment systems. Technicians also fault-find a range of digital reception equipment for Subscription TV and Free-to-air TV reception and the integration of home entertainment system including IPTV services.
Personal requirements of an Audiovisual Systems Integrator Field Service Technician may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Manual dexterity
Audiovisual Systems Integrator Field Service Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Install a cable lead-in
- Install a satellite antenna
- Install a terrestrial antenna
- Provide advice to clients
- Install a complex digital reception system
- Integrate customer digital reception equipment
- Integrate data delivery modes
- Install and configure internet protocol TV in a home network
- Locate and rectify digital reception equipment faults
This position requires the completion of a certificate level qualification in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology plus on-the-job experience.
Please note: any cabling at the customer premises must be carried out in accordance to requirements of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and relevant industry registration bodies, and in line with the specifications of the access network owner.