Photonics Technical Officer
Photonics Technical Officers work with Photonics technologies (such as fiber optics, broadband systems ) in the telecommunications sector. Work involves a high degree of autonomy and may include some supervision of others.
Personal requirements of a Photonics Technical Officer may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Manual dexterity
Photonics Technical Officers may complete the following tasks:
- Use Photonics devices
- Integrate specialised Photonics devices into telecommunications systems
- Use a virtual instrument
- Perform Photonics laboratory techniques
- Configure and cutover a WDM system
This position requires the completion of a diploma level qualification in Diploma of Telecommunications Photonics or equivalent plus on-the-job experience.