Subscription TV Installer
Subscription TV Installers install a limited range of digital reception equipment for either a customer or an enterprise. It includes integration of diverse technologies including RF services, and telephony services in complex equipment systems. They also fault-find a range of digital reception equipment for Subscription TV and Free-to-air TV reception.
Personal requirements of a Subscription TV Installer may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Manual dexterity
Subscription TV Installers may complete the following tasks:
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work
- Install a cable lead-in
- Install a satellite antenna
- Install a terrestrial antenna
- Provide advice to clients
- Conduct radio frequency measurements
- Install a complex digital reception system
- Integrate customer digital reception equipment
- Locate and rectify digital reception equipment faults
- Install and configure internet protocol TV in a home network
This position requires the completion of a certificate level qualification in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology plus on-the-job experience.
Note: Any cabling at the customer premises must be carried out in accordance to requirements of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and relevant industry registration bodies, and in line with the specifications of the access network owner.