Wireless Systems Technician
Wireless Systems Technicians are responsible for installation and maintenance of various types of network operation equipment associated with wireless network switching and transmission. This includes switch translations, database changes and administration.
Personal requirements of a Wireless Systems Technician may include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Manual dexterity
Wireless Systems Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Supports general technical support and maintenance for all other non-switching affiliated equipment and systems used in support of switching and network operations
- Contact facilities management personnel regarding equipment troubles and services
- Contact customers as required during cutovers and ongoing maintenance
- Conduct collection and presentation of field data of cellular / PCS Market as required
- Perform basic grounding system maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of pertinent FCC / FAA / EPA / OSHA regulations
- Perform manual or electronic cross connect functions
- Perform translations, use software modification computer inputs to create, modify, and/or correct database contents, i.e. cell translations, microwave system analysis, Digital Cross Connect administration/operation
- May be responsible for implementation of new services / technologies / equipment, as required
This position requires the completion of a trade certificate and/or on-the-job training.