Electronics Technicians are responsible for the scheduled maintenance, trouble-shooting, fault diagnosis and rectification of Telecommunication and Electronic Support systems.
Personal requirements of an Electronics Technician may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Sound electronic and mechanical aptitude
Electronics Technicians may complete the following tasks:
- Electrical AC & DC measurements
- Alignments using state of the art test equipment
- Configuration changes and administration of networks
- Deployment and setup of equipment to support operations, removal of faulty items document work carried out
- Identification and demanding of technical spares
- Maintenance of technical publications.
This occupation requires experience in electronics trades/services.