Network Operation Officer
Network Operation Officers (Network Officers) are responsible for assisting the Senior Network Officer in the commissioning, overseeing and coordination of network operations and activities. They also serve as the Network Operation centre's primary point of contact during problems and major events.
Personal requirements of a Network Operation Officer may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
Network Operation Officers may complete the following tasks:
- Coordinates the Network Operation centre's support activities
- Ability to understand complex technical issues, understanding their potential impact to the user base, and apply appropriate resources as required. These issues will require a depth of knowledge in networks, servers, applications, databases and workstations and their interoperations
- Make quick and accurate decisions based on sometimes limited information and justify actions taken
- Proper notification of team leads and management on critical problems and major events
- Proper handling and integration of classified and unclassified materials and preparing weekly, daily, and ad hoc reports and briefings using that data
This job usually has a level of skill commensurate with a Degree or Advanced Diploma in IT, and relevant experience is most unlikely to substitute for these formal qualifications. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may also be required in addition to the formal qualification.