Technical Officer - Telecommunications Engineering
Telecommunications Technical Officers carry out specialised design and support functions in telecommunications engineering including optimisation and performance monitoring of telecommunications networks, diagnosis and repair of faults, and the selection and installation of equipment.
Personal requirements of a Technical Officer may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
Technical Officers may complete the following tasks:
- Identifying faults and providing solutions
- Providing experienced technical support
- Showing initiative in the approach to problem solving strategies across a range of areas
- Meeting standards for the repair of equipment and systems;
- Assisting with installation and testing of new network equipment
- Ensuring equipment is operational and working at optimum capacity
- Working as part of a team; and
- Communicating effectively with customers
This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with an AQF Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma, and relevant experience is most unlikely to substitute for these formal qualifications. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).