Telecommunications Installation Worker
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
Personal requirements of a Telecommunications Installation Worker may include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
Telecommunications Installation Workers may complete the following tasks:
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Repair or replace defective and damaged telephones, wire and associated equipment.
- Install electromechanical, analogue and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
- Inspect and test trunking systems, circuits and equipment
- Analyse test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software.
- Operate computerized testing systems to conduct service tests on customer lines and equipment
- Determine the nature, cause and location of service trouble
- Initiate the dispatch of appropriate repair personnel
- Complete test reports and maintain test and service records
- May assist repair personnel to test lines, circuits and systems, isolate and clear cable faults and verify records.
- Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as telex and facsimile machines, teletypewriters, mobile radios, cellular telephones, pagers and other related telecommunications equipment
- Configure operating systems and install software for access to the Internet
- Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment
This job usually requires a minimum year 12 education or qualification in Information Technology.